Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Entry #7 . What I Researched About Stuart Little

     What I started researching about the book was why the author wrote it in the first place. On http://www.juggle.com/Stuart-little , It says that he had a dream many years later in a car , and during the night he dreamed about tiny boy who acted like a mouse and that's how the story Stuart Little got started. I like the fact that he based the book on a dream , it kinda of makes you think of all the other ways authors come up with interesting , exciting story idea's.
    
    The second thing I researched was the main idea and theme in the book. Even though I knew some ideas and themes, I wanted to find out the main one , the one E.B White wanted to elaborate the most in this book. On http://www.ask.com/wiki/Stuart_Little it says that the main theme in the book is friendship , but I disagree. I agree that it is one of the themes in the book , but not the main ; important one. To me , I think the main theme is : even though your small you can still do big things , for example : when the ring fell down the drain in the beginning of the book , Stuart was the only one that was able to get the ring out of the drain, so it's kind of like saying that being small is a good thing. There was many different themes through out the book , but I think this one is the main one because it repeats and appears in every chapter. Like there is many different problems in each chapter, and in each chapter Stuart is solving the problem - which goes back to the main theme that even though your small you could still do big things.

    The third thing I researched was a question I had , which was why did E.B White write two books that are similar to each other. What I mean by that is why did he write two books that both included talking small animals ? On http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/contributor.jsp?id=3410 , It says that E.B White lived on a farm in Maine where he kept many animals , and some of these animals made it into some of his books. And E.B White even said himself : " I like animals, and my barn is a very pleasant place to be, at all hours !" So that probably answer my question , that he really likes animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive